The second planning meeting for the Mirando City 2015 Reunion was held June 18th. Many ideas were again discussed and decisions made on the upcoming reunion. Below is a list of items covered in the meeting.
- Civic Center booked for the evening of October 9th and all day October 10, 2015 for reunion events.
- Denise Vasquez volunteered to be in charge of decorating for the reunion. (she will need help so contact her to help out)
- Yvonne Gonzalez volunteered to be in charge of the Friday evening get-together. (she will also need help in supplying snacks, drinks, etc. for the informal get-together)
- A bar-b-que pit valued at approximately $1500 was donated to the Mirando City 2015 Reunion by Juan Bustamante. Thank you Juan….. It will be raffled off to raise funds for the reunion. Noe Gonzalez will be in charge of the raffle and tickets will be ready to sell soon for $5.00/ticket. Tickets will be ready in a week or two, so contact Noe to either help sell tickets or to buy tickets.
- Border Foundry Restaurant will be catering the event. Border Foundry is owned by Pete Mims who has deep Mirando City roots. His family started the Border Foundry Machine Shop in Mirando City in the 1920’s. It was the same building that eventually became M&S Supply Co. Pete does a great job at his restaurant and will provide us with a great bar-b-que brisket and sausage plate for $15.00/plate. Tickets for lunch will go on sale soon, so be sure to reserve your lunch plate.
- Joanne Vincent volunteered to be in charge of looking into getting T-shirts made for the reunion. These will also be sold to raise funds for the reunion. We will have more on this soon.
- Noe Gonzalez and Jorge Rodriguez will be in charge of the Saturday evening dance. We will have more on this soon.
Plans are moving along great, but we still need help. Anyone wanting to help out and make this year’s reunion great, contact one of the people mentioned above or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org