Mirando ISD was established in March 1923. Prior to 1994 Webb CISD served only Bruni and Oilton. Mirando City ISD served the community of Mirando City from 1923 to 2005. Prior to 1994 all Mirando City children attended Mirando City ISD schools. After the spring of 1994, Mirando City High School closed. Therefore, from Fall 1994 to July 1, 2005, Webb CISD served high schoolers from Mirando City while Mirando Elementary School in the Mirando City ISD served students from kindergarten through 8th grade. On May 9, 2005 the Texas Education Agency ordered the closure of Mirando City ISD. The district closed on July 1, 2005, and all students were rezoned to Webb CISD schools.